What and who is ACSI?
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is a global Christian Educational Organisation. We advance excellence in Christian Schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian Educators and providing vital support functions for Christian Schools. ACSI was founded in 1978 in the USA, with our Head Office in Colorado Springs, and offices in 106 countries worldwide assisting more than 25 000 Christian schools that includes 5, 5 million students globally. ACSI Southern Africa supports independent Christian schools in Southern Africa, with our vision to strengthen Christian schools and to equip Christian educators as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to unite, equip, and strengthen Christian schools worldwide. That could include your school. At ACSI, everything we do starts with this belief: In Christ, we are stronger together. ACSI Southern Africa is a registered Non Profit Company: Registration number 2001/030186/08 and is governed by a Board of Directors. We also hold NPO and PBO registration
ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
ACSI will become a leading international organization that promotes Christian education and provides training and resources to Christian schools and Christian educators, resulting in: Schools that contribute to the public good through effective teaching and learning as well as are biblically sound , academically rigorous, socially engaged and culturally relevant; and educators who embody a biblical worldview, engage in transformational teaching and discipling, and embrace personal and professional growth.
As an association we are committed to:
- Biblical Fidelity and Prayer,
- Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ,
- Members We Serve,
- Diverse Worldwide Constituency,
- Staff and Their Growth,
- Public Engagement
Membership of ACSI is an ongoing journey of relationship through the services we offer. As a member school you will receive the following services on an ongoing basis.
- ACSI always puts relationship first. We believe in face to face contact and we commit to visiting your school annually; lifting your school up in specific prayer; and in providing advice and guidance.
- We will connect you with Christ-minded professionals in the Christian Education Environment with various opportunities to networkand share insights.
- We provide worldwide connections with ACSI Global and Africa offices which may include arranged international leadership tours and conference opportunities.
- ACSI provides you with regular updates and newsletters
- ACSI is a SACE accredited CPTD provider and we receive funding from ETDP SETA for the funding of teacher development.
- ACSI hosts regular conferences, workshops and events, including Educator and Leadership Conferences with CPTD recognition.
- Our staff will provide additional Early Childhood Development (ECD)support and advice to anyone interested in the sector.
- ACSI regularly engages with Government as an independent association. Through NAISA (National Alliance of Independent School Associations) we also have representation at SACE, Umalusi and the provincial Joint Liaison Committees (JLCs).
- ACSI represents IEB schools on the Committee for School Assessment.
Advance Christian Education
ACSI offers training and resources in the :
- Philosophy of Christian Education;
- Biblical Integration;
- Spiritual Formation;
- Advice on how to start a Christian school;
- Christian leadership.
- We offer school Board training and provide a policy model for governance.
ACSI Quality Assurance
- ACSI assists schools in obtaining Umalusi accreditation.
- ACSI offers an international quality accreditation
- ACSI can conduct whole school evaluations to support school improvement.
- ACSI provides Leadership Training to learners.
- Learner Exchange Programmes through ACSI partners are available.
- Information on GAP Year Programmes.
- ACSI provides school policy documents and offers legislation and policy updates which may be downloaded.
- Web Services: vacancy listings and member school contact details and marketing.
- nternational Benchmarking Assessment: Mathematics.