What and who is ACSI?
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is a global Christian Educational Organisation. We advance excellence in Christian Schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian Educators and providing vital support functions for Christian Schools. ACSI was founded in 1978 in the USA, with our Head Office in Colorado Springs, and offices in 106 countries worldwide assisting more than 25 000 Christian schools that includes 5, 5 million students globally. ACSI Southern Africa supports independent Christian schools in Southern Africa, with our vision to strengthen Christian schools and to equip Christian educators as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to unite, equip, and strengthen Christian schools worldwide. That could include your school. At ACSI, everything we do starts with this belief: In Christ, we are stronger together. ACSI Southern Africa is a registered Non Profit Company: Registration number 2001/030186/08 and is governed by a Board of Directors. We also hold NPO and PBO registration
ACSI exists to strengthen Christian schools and equip Christian educators worldwide as they prepare students academically and inspire them to become devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
ACSI will become a leading international organization that promotes Christian education and provides training and resources to Christian schools and Christian educators, resulting in: Schools that contribute to the public good through effective teaching and learning as well as are biblically sound , academically rigorous, socially engaged and culturally relevant; and educators who embody a biblical worldview, engage in transformational teaching and discipling, and embrace personal and professional growth.
- Biblical Fidelity and Prayer,
- Biblical Foundation and Focus on Jesus Christ,
- Members We Serve,
- Diverse Worldwide Constituency,
- Staff and Their Growth,
- Public Engagement
- To connect with other professionals in the Christian Schooling Environment ACSI Hosts regular Conferences, Principal Meetings and Seminars
- Worldwide connections with ACSI Global
- International Christian Educators Conference
- Student Exchange Programmes
Advance Christian Education
- ACSI offers training and resources in the Philosophy of Christian Education
- Biblical Integration
- Spiritual Formation
- ACSI is a SACE accredited CPTD (Continuous Professional Training Points) provider
- We are in partnership with the ETDP SETA (the Skills Development Body in SA) regarding funding and programmes
- School Board Members Training
- Policy model for Governance
- Board Assessments
- School evaluations
- ACSI represents their member schools on the National Alliance of Independent School Associations.
- Engagement with Government
- ACSI represents IEB Schools on the Committee for School Assessment
- Umalusi Accreditation
- International ACSI Accreditation
Meet the Team