ACSI is proud to connect your school with the following partners who are reputable service providers and fellow servants of Christ.
Betereinders is a movement that promotes reconciliation and restitution with the aim of reducing poverty in South Africa. Part of this process is a redefinition of identity and formation of new relationships. Our ‘Zebra Crossing’ online platform helps people from the townships and suburbs to get to know each other. Betereinders are value driven: We don’t complain, we do good things and we work inclusively. Our work includes ‘white work’ and ‘real talk’, whereby the former is preparation for the latter.
More important than joining us, is simply to be a Betereinder: don’t complain, do good, work together
The Bethany House Trust initiates, implements, co-ordinates and manages projects critical to the children and youth of South Africa.
The Trust – established in 1998 in response to the critical need of young people for shelter, access to primary health services and education – is registered as a children’s charity trust with the High Court, is registered as a non-profit organization (NPO) with the South African Department of Social Development and as a public benefit organization (PBO) with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and as such, enjoys section 18a Tax Exempt Status.
Current projects of Bethany House include:
- A registered Child & Youth Care Centre for 120 children in Krugersdorp on the West Rand. Bethany House accommodates abused, abandoned and neglected children from the West Rand region and further afield.
- Dream Factory: a homework centre where all children in residential care receive educational support.
- Boikhutso Cluster Foster Care: community-based homes which accommodate up to six children per house in foster care of trained and vetted foster parents.
- Child Protection Services: two programs are facilitated –
- Victim Empowerment Program (psycho-social intervention) for approximately 500 learners/month at 40 schools in the West Rand / Soweto region; learners suffered some form of trauma.
- Intermediary Services7 for child witnesses who has to testify in criminal court proceedings. Almost 5 000 child witnesses have been assisted through this specialised program.
- Reality Check: a substance abuse diversion project assisting youth with substance abuse challenges.
- Muldersdrift Child & Family Welfare Unit: a fully-fledged welfare office servicing the Muldersdrift community.
- The Pregnancy Care Centre assists women with unplanned pregnancies. The focus is on youth / students and commercial sex workers (who are often at risk of abandoning their new born babies).
- A telephonic “Child Abuse Advice & Referral Service”, operational since 1996, where parents, caregivers and educators can access immediate, professional and correct information on the reporting of crimes, etc. Appropriate referrals are made in the event of acute or chronic abuse, and the progress of all cases are tracked with the police and welfare agencies;
- The Centre of Learning develops curriculum material for and facilitates the ‘Professional Parenting Program’ that equips the prospective foster/adoption parent with the skills required to become an ‘alternative parent’. Most children who lived in Bethany House have been placed back into ‘alternative’ nuclear families that completed this program.
Currently, approximately 369 children benefit from the Bethany House Trust’s programs every day (134 512 per annum).
Tel: 011 660 2763
CDR Equipping prepares and trains young people to Lead, Serve and Inspire in order to reach their personal goals and full potential. Mentoring and the establishment of partnerships are fundamental components of walking this journey of becoming ethical, appreciative, servant and visionary leaders.
Since its inception in 2017 CDRE has been very effective in identifying leaders and assisting them to grow and succeed. We have partnered and walked alongside 12 interns and another 50 leaders who have a passion and vision for their community. We aim to provide healthy and supportive relationships so that leaders can reach their goals and full potential. We recognise the need for mentors and people who believe in our leaders; people who are committed to encourage them to pursue their dreams.
CDRE is also involved in children’s ministry, Holiday Bible Club and various partnerships: Velocity Community Church; Siyakholwa; Bethany House; ACSI More Than a Teacher; Refirement Network; Kindgom Valley Forum; Monash South Africa; Muldersdrift Child and Family Welfare Unit; Africa Food For Thought.
Contact: Craig Rowe, Chief Executive Officer
Tel: 083 302 0804
E-Classroom began its journey in response to a desperate need from teachers and parents for good quality educational support resources. All our resources are written by subject specialists at the top of their chosen field.
All learners have the right to quality education and our business ethos focuses on providing affordable resources to all schools, parents and learners through the following channels:
- Our worksheet support platform:Lightens the load for teachers and parents by providing worksheet and lesson plan support. Content is developed for each Grade and learning area. We are always hard at work developing new modules or adding to existing material. This offering is developed for Grades R-12 for a minimum registration fee.
- Our knowledge-based assessment and exam papers: Assists learners during exam time. These practice papers are an invaluable revision and study resource and we will continue to grow this platform with additional subjects.
- Our Courses for learners (Grades 10-12):These engaging courses have been developed by subject specialists and provide all the information that a learner needs in which to revise the subjects and topics they feel need extra attention to bag that “A”!
To continue researching and developing dynamic educational resources and learning solutions for 21st century learning. Our distinctiveness comes from our ability to understand, acknowledge and address the needs of our users. We transform the lives of our learners by giving them opportunities to reach their full potential of an outstanding learning experience at the click of a button.
An inclusive and connected learning community.
We are committed to the highest standards of professionalism and quality in all we do. We engage in continuous improvement in our work and we drive innovations in development and learning and value collaborative activities that facilitate discovery. Accomplishing our mission requires a positive and productive working environment.www.e-classroom.co.za
Evergreen Parenting is an international team of passionate individuals – men and women – who believe in the value and priority of raising children. We equip educators, teachers and parents, with courses and resources to embrace temperament types, healthy authority and compassionate discipline. We help build a positive and healthy culture, with open communication between teachers, parents and learners, where we can transform character and values.
Our desire is to equip thinking, active educators – teachers and parents – who have the best interests of schools and families at heart and who are willing to take up the difficult challenges associated with education and discipline. We meet schools where they are at and give support in the areas most needed, e.g. teacher team building, CPTD courses and discipline plans to re-ignite the passion for teaching. We do learner leadership training – we believe that everyone can be a leader in different areas because the task determines the leader. Lastly, we specialise in talks and courses to equip and inspire parents to raise children with character.
- Schools with Character: Primary school educators
- Compassionate Discipline Online Application
- Evergreen Pre-primary Teachers course
- Tall Trees™: Teacher team-building workshops
- Tall Trees™: Learner development workshops
- Parenting Talks
- The Evergreen Parenting course
- First Steps: Parenting course for all literacy levels
We are in the business to add value to the Schools and young people we encounter, since 2016. To succeed we need more than academic achievement. We provide simple and effective ways to develop the attitudes that have shaped the leaders and champions of our world. Education, IQ, luck, talent, connections, good looks and access to money are all factors that contribute to our progress, but what matters most is the Right Mental Attitude. Unfortunately, this vital area gets very little attention – and so we have made this our business.
We run a Personal Development Program called Young Achievers for Grade 5-7 and Teen Achievers for Grade 8-11. This is an extra mural activity which takes place in the school’s premises for a year and parents pay for the services. Leadership advantage is a program that is in the process of accreditation with Services SETA and is aimed at the learners in Grade 10 to 3rd year of University.
Show Up: this program is designed to help young people to prepare for their circle tests, focusing on methods to use when preparing to study. We are in a school providing mentorship to the leaders Grade by Grade every term of the school.
We organise and run four types of Camps:
- Leadership Camps for elected prefects.
- Induction Camps: this is huge gap in our schools, many of our grade 8 leaners are not prepared for life in high school and we run a camp that gets them ready for high school life.
- Team Building Camp: we get leaners or even the teaching staff to catch and understand the dynamics of team work and build a healthy culture around work.
- Venture Camps: this is more like a personal mastery camp. We push and guide young people through obstacle courses, challenging some limitations and self-doubts in their mind-set.
It has been our experience that most people want a better life, but very few want to hear that they must do something about having it. This is mainly because people find it difficult to step out of their comfort zones. Let us help you get started, and then build momentum – one step at a time.
Heart Reach educates youth on sexual choices with a view to re-establish their values thereby empowering them to fulfil their potential and make healthy and positive life choices.
Heart Reach was formed in 1996 to come alongside women facing an unwanted pregnancy. We offer counselling to help them through their ‘panic and indecision’. We network with adoption agencies should they opt for adoption. In the event they choose abortion, we will not refer them to an abortion clinic, but we will offer post abortion counselling should the need arise.
In 2000 we felt that counselling after the fact was not enough, and wrote an Abstinence based sex talk to be presented to school goers from grade 7 through to matric.The talk is direct, relevant and interactive. We allow the class to ask questions, and to be completely open with their opinions without judgement or back lash. In 2014 we got involved with the fight against Human Trafficking and developed a “Be Safe” talk suitable for grade 2 to 5, largely to create an awareness to the dangers of human trafficking. However, the talk also equips children to stand up for themselves, combat bullying, exposure to porn and molestation, which is rampant in our children’s lives.
Heart Reach is a non-profit organisation, supported by churches and individuals.
Contact: Shelley McLean, Director
Tel: 082 330 1437 / 011 791 5152
Heartlines is a Christian organisation that has spent the past 14 years developing national best practice, values-based social change interventions. While we work across all sectors of society (workplace, school, communities, etc.) our key objective is to provide the church with culturally appropriate and current resources that help answer the question “how then shall we live?” Our interventions are based on best practice social change theory. We are process rather than topic experts, and partner with experts on our chosen topics. Each new intervention starts with extensive research on our chosen topic. This includes literature reviews, expert opinion and focus group feedback.
We particularly focus on barriers to change. Based on our research, we develop intervention strategies that have stories as their central pillar. Research has shown that story is one of the strongest influencers of our attitudes, hopes, fears, and values. Story is also a universal language that cuts across cultures and communities. We use film, TV, internet, and print to tell stories that people identify with and are challenged by. Our mass media products are designed to provide a supportive environment and to stimulate demand for our face-to-face interventions. These interventions include group discussions, accountability groups, social media, workshops, and leadership seminars. We concentrate our work in the environments most conducive to values interventions; these include families, businesses, schools and churches. All our interventions include process and summative evaluations that are conducted by external researchers.
Our work has included “8 weeks 8 values” – Eight films and resources; “Values in action” the series Hopeville and resources; “Values and money” the film Nothing for Mahala and resources. These have been used extensively across South Africa and other countries, reaching millions of people with significant impact. This track record has positioned Heartlines as a credible trusted partner for both Christian and non-Christian organisations.
Our teams are currently running the following campaigns across the country:
Values and Money which focuses on:
- Honesty in earning
- Responsibility in spending
- Wisdom in borrowing
- Self-control in saving
- Generosity in giving/sharing
What’s Your Story?
Using personal stories to facilitate cohesion and collaboration at institutional as well as societal levels.
Tools we use:
- Beyond the river movie
- Bridge leadership engagement
- LO Classroom discussions on Beyond the river and personal storytelling
As a Financial Advisory Group, we provide an extensive range of advisory services, including Personal Financial Planning, Investment Management, Employee Benefits, Private Wealth Management, Health Care Solutions, Short Term Insurance, Broker Support and Practice Management.
ACSI and the Hereford group have negotiated a Group Retirement Funding Arrangement specifically for ACSI affiliated schools with the Liberty Group.
Employee benefits come in a bewildering variety, but if structured correctly, it can significantly improve the quality of work-life and workforce while adding real financial value too. The end result? Happier staff, healthier work relations and a holistic financial plan for all.
Our focus is to assist our clients to develop and maintain a package of benefits to meet their needs and fit their corporate culture on a cost-effective basis.
Administration Support Services
Accredited with all the major administration platforms, we provide objective independent advice on a suitable fund administrator. Hereford Corporate in conjunction with your appointed administrator provide a private client modelled employee benefit administration support service to your Fund.
Group Risk Services
We are able to negotiate impressive risk rates and strategic benefit structuring with your existing risk benefits provider or any of the other major life companies, if required.
We have access to our own in-house actuarial team if required.
We assist you in creating a compelling investment risk profile for your retirement fund and establish a potent investment strategy. From regularly reporting on fund returns and market trends to offering specific investment recommendations, we remain committed and involved long after your solution is in place.
Asset and Liability Consulting
Asset-Liability Modelling is a sophisticated statistical technique that aims to provide clients (corporate and individual members) with an investment strategy that is suitable for their unique liabilities. We provide this service through a team of experienced actuaries and financial analysts.
Financial Management Workshops
Geared towards empowering employees with the necessary tools to implement a holistic financial plan, we deal with issues of investment planning, retirement planning and general financial matters.
One-on-One Financial Planning
Besides individualised retirement fund advice, each member will have access to financial professionals who are able to assist them in setting and achieving their long-term financial goals.
Contact: Cobus Badenhorst
Tel: 011 958 0630 / 011 958 0639 / 083 286 0777
Humm Industries started (Like all good businesses) in a garage as a dream of two hopeful high school students. We had a dream to become technical production specialists and spent most of our time looking through catalogues and dreaming about ‘one day’. We started DJ’ing and doing little events and slowly our business grew. In 2012 we decided to split into two separate businesses and Humm Industries (Pty) LTD was born.
We at Humm industries believe in diversity and knowledge. We believe in giving great advice that is up-to-date and up to industry standard which is not linked to any brand bias. We supply all the brands, so for us, it’s about giving you the best value for your money.
Humm Industries is founded on strong Christian principles and we believe in honesty, integrity, transparency and heart; because of this Humm is fuelled by passion. What we do at Humm is what we love and because of this we take pride in every job that comes our way. Drawing from years of experience and study helps us keep you, the client, well informed and happy with every job we embark on.
Humm Industries prides itself in professional workmanship, keeping the client satisfied and staying on the cutting edge of technology. Humm currently deals in the following disciplines:
- Sound, Lighting and Video Hire, sales and installation;
- Computer sales and maintenance;
- Product development;
- Prototyping and general engineering.
The Southern African Christian Schools’ Sports Association’s vision and objectives are:
- To make it possible for even the smallest and most remotely situated school to participate in as many sporting activities as possible.
- To raise the standard of sport, by organising clinics and courses for all its members.
- To raise the standard of coaching and officiating, through courses.
- To use sport as one of the great character builders, to learn how to lose, how to overcome and how to win.
- To promote contact and fellowship amongst Christians.
Contact: Johan du Plessis, SACSSA National Co-ordinator
Cell: 082 563 8519
Music School is a rock music school. The school offers musical training in acoustic and electric guitar, bass, piano, vocals & drums.
We believe we have discovered the recipe to transform weekly music lessons into a lifetime journey of fun and exploration for our students. From a young age we offer kids the opportunity to learn to play in a band with our “JamBands” program. With our Showcase events, students build confidence and present their talent and skills to an audience and loved ones. When students progress and produce their own content, we offer recording opportunities in our state-of-the-art recording studio. Through all these services, we are able to make learning an instrument easier, simpler and faster.
Contact: 011 675 2377
The Youth for Christ movement was originally born in America in the mid-1940s through an impulse from the heart of God that simultaneously touched dozens of leaders in different places with a concern to reach out to the young people normal church channels were missing.
YFC services currently offered and how it impacts and benefits schools:
YFC’s goal is to engage with young people in the places where they gather. Through our interactions with them we endeavour to provide opportunities that will see them activate their potential to become engaged participants within their communities.
Where We Go: churches, schools, tertiary institution and community centres.
What We Offer: leadership development; youth ministry development; a range of life skills; personal development; sports coaching and after-school initiatives through our dynamic interactive workshops that can be run at your own or a neutral venue. We are able to facilitate a learning process that is designed to equip leaders, educators and parents of young people.
The rising unemployment rate in South Africa continues to concern us. To address this problem, we have a skills development plan that includes:
- A platform that will enable young people to pursue entrepreneurship as a viable option;
- A workplace readiness program that will assist young people in preparing for the world of work.