for a Health and Safety certificate from the nearest municipal office.
2. Registration requirements.
When you have your Health and Safety certificate, you need to go
to your nearest regional Department of Social Development office. The social worker or
person authorized by the DSD will explain the registration requirements and documents to be
3. These include:
Application form (form 11 and 16) – attached below. Information needed for these
forms must contain the following information.
– Name and identity number.
– Physical address and postal address.
– The particulars of the ECD program.
– The staff composition.
– Financial plan.
– Clearance certificate that no staff member is on the National Register for Sex offenders.
– Qualifications, skills and experience of the owner/manager.
- A form with all your staff member’s details and qualifications.
- Annexure B and C – menu’s for different age groups.
- Application for an emergency certificate – evacuation plan.
- Lease agreement if relevant.
- Organizational profile.
- Approved building plan.
When all the documents have been submitted, a person from the department will:
Allocate a file to a social worker who will monitor the process
Visit the Centre to assess the care of the children, financial systems and administrative systems
Complete the inspection forms Decide on the type of registration certificate to be issued
A full registration certificate is valid for 5 years. A conditional certificate is valid for up to a year.
Please make sure that you keep copies of all documentation handed into the department.
Also get all copies stamped by the department and receipt of application so that you can
keep track of the application process. If you have not heard from the department within 3
months, it would be your responsibility to follow up with them.
Information taken from South African Government website and documentation available
at the GCSI provincial district offices.