Welcome ‘One and All’ to our introduction as we share with you about the heart of Pharos Schools, located in Jeffrey’s Bay in the Eastern Cape. Pharos Schools opened its doors on the 16th of January 2016 with the vision to provide a high-quality Christ-centred education to the Kouga area and beyond.
Our mission is to:
• Help children discover their PASSION
• Unlock their POTENTIAL
• Fulfil their God-given PURPOSE
Our values we use as daily measuring tools are:
Pharos Schools offer a unique educational model with our farm-like location on the outskirts of Jeffrey’s Bay, which plays an integral part in who we are.
Our educational model includes:
• A Biblically integrated curriculum with our own workbooks as foundation to our academic program.
• Various skills activities which amongst others include coding (recently started), chess, project and skills periods and community service.
• A nature-based program which includes the mud pit, building lab, hiking, interacting with farm animals on school grounds, beach activities.
• Abacus Math (Gr RR, R) and the Tina Cowley Reading Centre (Gr 1 to 7).
• Hybrid Home School program using the same Biblically integrated workbooks as our sit-down school.
We currently accommodate 90 students in our sit-down school and 30 in our Hybrid Home School. We are allowed a maximum of 140 students on our premises. In January 2022, our own campus will expand with the building of a 2nd “cottage” on our grounds which will provide us with 5 more classrooms. This will make it possible to open a Gr RRR class from January 2023 and so provide a unique pre-school to families in our area. To finish this introduction, we want to honour Father God for His favour and provision with the biggest asset any organisation can have – our staff. We believe this is KEY to ensuring that we change the world by having Christ-centred staff to instil daily, the Christian walk and talk, into the lives of the next generation